AVAILABLE ON CAMPUS AND ONLINE
The Psychology Major, with a Counseling Concentration, provides the student with the academic and professional preparation necessary to work in the field of counseling or to continue studies in graduate school.
General Studies – 39 Credits
Bible and Theology Foundation – 45 Credits
Major – 39 Credits
Total Required Credits – 123 Credits
- Counseling Nontraditional Families
- Counseling Skills Lab
- Crisis Counseling
- Developmental Psychology
- Introduction to Counseling
- Marriage and Family Communication
- Seminar in Group Dynamics
- Social Psychology
- Stress Management
- Internship (4 semesters)
- Students will have a basic understanding of the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in psychology.
- Students will have the ability to weigh evidence, act ethically, and integrate Christian values with psychology as a discipline.
- A student will display professional skills in the area of his or her concentration.