Certificate in Apologetics
The Certificate in Apologetics and Christian Evidences is for students who wish to be equipped to deal with the philosophical and theological issues that increasingly arise in evangelism and missions directed to atheists or those who hold to other major world religions.
All of the following requirements must be met in order to receive a Certificate in Apologetics and Christian Evidences from Trinity College:
- Completion of at least 18 credits in residence at Trinity College
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 30 semester hours with at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- Satisfactory completion of all requirements of the Certificate of Apologetics and Christian Evidences curriculum
- Continued evidence of a consistent genuine Christian testimony
- Continued essential agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of the College
- Satisfactory fulfillment of all financial obligations to the College. No certificate will be granted or transcript provided to a student with an outstanding financial obligation to the College.
- Affirmative recommendation for graduation by the faculty, Vice President for Academic Affairs, and the Board of Trustees.
Certificate Requirements (Total required credits: 30) Suggested One-Year Schedule:
THEO 4311 Apologetics
MISS 1301 World Missions and Religions
ISC 1502 Darwinism and Intelligent Design
THEO 3301 Systematic Theology I
BIBL 4301 Romans
THEO 3303 C.S. Lewis: Apostle to the Skeptic
Choose 4 courses:
THEO 4301 Contemporary Ethical Issues
THEO 4312 Advanced Apologetics
THEO 4302 Issues in Science and Theology
THEO 3322 Contemporary Issues in Theology and Ethics
MISS 4301 World Religions
BIBL 1322 Old Testament Poetry and Prophecy
BIBL 2321 New Testament History and Letters
BIBL 2301 Life and Revelation of Christ
Why a Certificate in Apologetics and Christian Evidences?
There are many reasons the certificate may be the right choice for you.
- This program may also help a student to meet the requirements of various mission boards.
- The certificate is also appropriate for lay workers in local churches who are aware of their need for formal apologetics education.
- The certificate in apologetics and Christian evidences is a great place to begin your educational journey prior to military service, or entering the workforce.
- You already have a degree but are seeking additional instruction in apologetics studies.
- The certificate is also appropriate for lay workers in local churches who are aware of their need for formal education.
- Learning and applying the Bible will give you the greatest advantage in life.
We’re Ready to Help.
Getting information and making your college decision can be difficult. We are happy to walk you through everything from enrollment to the financial aid process. The Enrollment Team.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
The Certificate is designed to be a 30 credit one year program.
Some students attend completely online, others attend on campus. The on campus courses are the traditional 15 week semesters in the fall and spring each year. The online courses are two 8-week modules (Spring A) and then (Spring B). Summer courses are available but may not offer courses that are offered in the spring and fall semesters.
Tuition for full-time (12-18 credits per semester) is $7,600. Students enrolled in 19
credits and above are billed at a rate of $510 per credit hour. Tuition for retired senior citizens 65+ is $255.00 per credit hour.
See full list of Tuition and Fees