Designed for students whose vocational objectives draw from multiple disciplines.
Bachelor of Arts
Interdisciplinary Studies Major
The Interdisciplinary Studies Major is designed for students whose vocational objectives draw from multiple disciplines and who are seeking a well-rounded undergraduate education. It allows students the flexibility to design their own programs specific to their long-term goals. This major would be appropriate preparation for additional studies at the graduate level or for individuals anticipating attending seminary. Note-Interdisciplinary studies involves the combination of two or more academic disciplines into one activity.
The Unique Value
All students who graduate with a Bachelor of Arts (BA) receive a double major in Bible and Theology along with their major. There is an energizing momentum that builds as you pursue your education here, as you grow academically, you also become equipped to act on God’s calling to advance the Gospel wherever you go.
Meet Your Academic Advisor
Dr. Krista Mallo
As the Program Director of the General Studies major, Dr. Krista S. Mallo will be your academic advisor and will guide you throughout your time as an online student. Dr. Mallo currently serves as the Advisor for the Associate of Arts degree in General Studies and Bachelor of Arts degree in Interdisciplinary Studies. Dr. Mallo is the Director of the Student Learning Center at Trinity College of Florida.
Dr. Mallo earned her B.A. in English Literature (2001), M.A. in English Education (2005), and Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction (2020) at the University of South Florida.
Students successfully completing this program will demonstrate:
- Advanced skills in written communication,
- Advanced knowledge of the Western intellectual tradition,
- Advanced ability to integrate their Christian faith with the content areas of two or more disciplines.
Program: Students select 30 credits from two or more disciplines (core courses) with at least 18 semester hours at the 3000 level or above. Students will also complete two semester long internships that are aligned with the selected disciplines within the major.
General Studies Courses – 39 Credits
Bible and Theology Foundational Courses – 54 Credits
Major – 30 Credits
Total Required Credits – 123 Credits
Major Electives 30 Credits
Internships (2 Semesters)
See suggested course schedule below
Freshman Year Fall Semester – 12 credits
First Year Spring Semester – 15 credits
Answers to Your Questions About the Bachelor of Arts Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies Major
Earning your BA is a great place to begin your professional journey. The Interdisciplinary Studies Major is designed for students whose vocational objectives draw from multiple
disciplines and who are seeking a well-rounded undergraduate education. It allows students the flexibility to design their own programs specific to their long-term goals. This major would be appropriate preparation for additional studies at the graduate level or for individuals anticipating attending seminary. The double-major of Bible and Theology will give you the greatest advantage in life.
Yes! Although many people think they can’t afford to go to college, a large percentage of students receive some type of financial assistance, including our degree completion students. Our financial aid representatives are ready to help you sort through the different types of financial aid and show you how to get the assistance available to you.
Yes. Trinity College of Florida is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the Association for Biblical Higher Education, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
Database of Accredited Postsecondary Institutions and Programs (U.S. Department of Education database)
– Licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education. Additional information regarding this institution may be obtained by contacting the Commission at 325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1414, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400, toll-free telephone number (888) 224-6684.
– Trinity College is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students, and
– United States Department of Education for Federal Pell Grants and other Federal financial aid programs, and
– Approved to enable the certified veteran to gain financial supplement for education.
– American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
– Association of Business Administrators of Christian Colleges (ABACC)
– Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
– Council of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
– Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA)
– Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (FACCS)
– Florida Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (FASFAA)
– National Association of Independent Colleges & Universities (NAICU)
– National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA)
– Tampa Bay Library Consortium (TBLC)
Every college and university has the right to decide what credits they will transfer in their programs. Trinity College uses the (SCNS) Numbering System. This numbering system is used by all public postsecondary institutions in Florida and by participating non-public institutions. The major purpose of this system is to facilitate the transfer of courses between participating institutions. Students and administrators can use the online SCNS to obtain course descriptions and specific information about course transfer between participating Florida institutions. This information is at the SCNS website at Florida Department of Education.
We’re Ready to Help.
Getting information and making your college decision can be difficult. We are happy to walk you through everything from enrollment to the financial aid process.