Student Learning Outcomes – Psychology
Trinity College of Florida’s (TCF) Office of Institutional Effectiveness supports the mission, values, and core commitments by providing institutional research and leadership in the areas of accreditation and assessment. Trinity College of Florida measures and reports the outcomes of student experiences academically, professionally and spiritually. Listed below are Student Learning Outcomes, Retention Rates, Graduation Rates, Cohort Size (enrollment data) and Graduate Employment in Program-related occupations (including academic outcomes).
Students will have a basic understanding of the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in psychology.
- General Psychology (PSY1012): Students are given objective tests throughout the semester which tests the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings and historical trends in psychology. Average grade for these tests: 82%
- Psychology seminar (PSY4104): This senior level course requires the student to look more closely at current major concepts and trends as well as analyzing empirical findings., Assignment: “article and outside source reading.” Meets this outcome criteria. Average grade: 100%
Student will have the ability to weigh evidence, act ethically, and integrate Christian value with psychology as a discipline.
- Psychology of religion and spirituality (SOP4451): This course takes a closer look at religious/spiritual development and evaluates the research behind the findings. In this course the students did outside interviews with people regarding their religious/spiritual development over time. Assignment: Average grade: 75%
- Research Methods 1(PSY3213): “A closer look at APA guidelines.” Average grade: 90%
A student will display professional skills in the area of his or her concentration.
- The Counseling Psychology internship (PSYC4081/4082) Average grade: Pass
- Psychology seminar: Interviews in the field of mental health: “Discussion Application.” Average grade: 94%