Job ID 13406
Posted On July 15, 2022
Position Type Full Time
Contact Academic Vice President, Eric J. Bargerhuff, PhD.
Elementary Education Professor – Chair Job Description
Full-time teaching position in the Traditional Day program in the Elementary Education Department. In addition, this appointment will also include the role of Program Director who will oversee the development of a Secondary Education Program. Salary range – $50,000 – $55,000 / year (plus medical insurance, $15,000 term life policy, 401K retirement program). Moving expenses reimbursed up to $3500.
The Vice President for Academic Affairs
Location: Trinity College of Florida | Trinity, Florida
- Teaches in the Elementary Education Department with a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester (maximum of 18 credits per semester) – classes may include both in-seat and online courses.
- Will serve as Program Chair of the Elementary Education Department and will do academic advising of students in that department.
- Will serve on all appropriate committees per faculty handbook requirements.
- All faculty members receive academic freedom in keeping with the faculty handbook of the college and the school’s statement of faith.
- Actively develop discipleship relationships and lead a weekly small group with students.
- Assists the Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs in the development of a Secondary Education major for Trinity College of Florida, beginning with an English Education major.
- Must have a terminal research doctoral degree from an accredited school (ABD may be considered). A doctoral degree in education would be preferred.
- CV, three letters of reference, a statement of faith and personal testimony, as well as all applicable transcripts sent to the Academic Vice President of Trinity College of Florida, Eric J. Bargerhuff, PhD. email@example.com
- A completed faculty application form.
- Some experience in teaching at the undergraduate (or graduate) level, with potential for excellence in doing so. At minimum, this professor must have at least five years of experience teaching in an elementary classroom.
- A record of promising scholarly achievement.
- An ability to work with students, faculty, and staff in a collegial environment.
- Experience with budgeting, planning and policy review.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills including public speaking skills and the ability to represent the college in a positive way to diverse populations.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
Conditions of Employment
- Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
- Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Lifestyle statement of Trinity College of Florida.
- Supports the Trinity College of Florida Statement of Faith.
- Supports and adheres to Trinity College of Florida Faculty Handbook and the Policies and
- Contract period runs from July 1 – June 30 each year.
- Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
About Trinity College of Florida
Trinity College of Florida is a private, nonprofit, nondenominational Christian Bible college located in Trinity Florida, near the beautiful Gulf Coast in the Greater Tampa Bay area. Established in 1932 by founder Dr. W. T. Watson, our school’s mission is to “provide a biblically-centered education, equipping servant leaders for life and career opportunities.” Trinity College of Florida has been known for its long legacy of being the best in Christian higher education and ministry preparation. We are distinctly evangelical. The education you will receive at TCF concludes with more than a cap and gown, a walk across a platform, and a diploma in your hand. That is not the end—it is only the beginning. You will leave here fully equipped and ready to be sent to advance the gospel wherever you go. God Calls. We Equip. You Advance.
Inquire Send Email to firstname.lastname@example.org