The Associate of Arts degree in General Studies is designed to give students valuable preparation for further studies, by providing them with introductory general studies courses while helping them develop a foundational Biblical perspective.
Total Credits – 60 Credits
All of the following requirements must be met in order to graduate and receive an Associate of Arts degree in General Studies from Trinity College:
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 60 semester credit hours with at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average including completion of the Associate of Arts curriculum, Chapel, and Christian Service requirements. The final 30 credit hours and at least 50% of all major courses credit hours must be completed in residence at Trinity College.
- Satisfactory completion of all Trinity College assessment procedures.
- Continued evidence of a consistent, genuine, Christian testimony.
- Continued essential agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of the College.
- Satisfactory fulfillment of all financial obligations to the College. No degree will be granted or transcript provided to a student with an outstanding financial obligation to the College.
- Affirmative recommendation for graduation by the faculty, Vice President for Academic Affairs, and the Board of Trustees.
Students successfully completing this program will demonstrate:
- A general knowledge of the content of Scripture;
- College-level competence in the general skills that form the foundation for all learning: reading, writing/ composition, and critical thinking; and 3. Introductory knowledge of Western culture integrating themes from history, science, philosophy, or literature.