Academic and professional preparation necessary for ministry.
Bachelor of Arts Ministry Major
Intercultural Studies Concentration
Purpose: The Ministry Major provides the student with the academic and professional preparation necessary for ministry.
The Unique Value
All students graduate with a Bachelor of Arts and receive a double major in Bible and Theology along with their major. There is an energizing momentum that builds as you pursue your education here, and you leave equipped to act on God’s calling to advance the Gospel wherever you may go. The TCF advantage, advance into your career and life ministry to make disciples.
Meet Your Academic Advisor
Dr. Joe Allotta will be your academic advisor for your ministry program. Professor Allotta is the Program Director of the Ministry Department at Trinity College of Florida.
He is a graduate of Trinity College of Florida, earned his MDiv and then DMin degrees at Liberty University.
The Ministry Major provides the student with the academic and professional preparation necessary for ministry
- Students will have a professional readiness to deliver Biblical knowledge.
- Students will have a well-articulated Christian world view of life and ministry.
- A student will display ministry-ready professional skills in the area of his or her concentration.
General Studies – 39 Credits
Bible and Theology Foundation – 48 Credits
Major – 36 Credits
Total Required Credits – 123 Credits
CORE PASTORAL MINISTRY COURSES:
- Business Organizational Leadership Elective
- Christian Leadership
- Church Planting and Development
- Cross Cultural Communication
- Cross Cultural Communication Practicum
- Fundamental Issues in Worship
- Introduction to Counseling
- Introduction to Preaching or Small Group Dev.
- Major Elective*
- Strategy of Missions
- Urban Ministry
- Ministry Internship
See below – suggested four-year schedule
First Year Fall Semester – 15 credits
*This can be a Bible or Theology class or a 3000 level course or higher in any major. ** Or GNMN 3311, Small Group Development Following Admissions Assessment, the following courses: BIBL 1101 Basics of Biblical Living (Fall), BIBL 1102 Christian Belief and Scripture (Spring) may be required during the freshman year in lieu of Bible/Theology electives. Adjustments will be made to satisfy all other course requirements of the degree.
First Year Spring Semester – 15 credits
Answers to Your Questions About the Bachelor of Arts Ministry Major Intercultural Studies Concentration
Earning your BA is a great place to begin your professional ministry journey and prepare for pastoring, seminary, or whatever ministry context God has called you to serve.
Yes! Although many people think they can’t afford to go to college, a large percentage of students receive some type of financial assistance, including our degree completion students. Our financial aid representatives are ready to help you sort through the different types of financial aid and show you how to get the assistance available to you.
Trinity College of Florida utilizes Google products. You will receive a Chromebook that comes loaded with the software you need to be successful as an online student. Quick links will already be loaded on the homepage of your Chromebook for easy access to your online web portal (eCampus and MyTitus), Grammarly, Right Now Media, your TCF gmail account, and others. Students may use other platforms, devices to access, Chromebooks offer an efficient, consistent, platform to maximize your time.
Yes. Trinity College of Florida is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the Association for Biblical Higher Education, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
Database of Accredited Postsecondary Institutions and Programs (U.S. Department of Education database)
– Licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education. Additional information regarding this institution may be obtained by contacting the Commission at 325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1414, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400, toll-free telephone number (888) 224-6684.
– Trinity College is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students, and
– United States Department of Education for Federal Pell Grants and other Federal financial aid programs, and
– Approved to enable the certified veteran to gain financial supplement for education.
– American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
– Association of Business Administrators of Christian Colleges (ABACC)
– Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
– Council of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
– Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA)
– Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (FACCS)
– Florida Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (FASFAA)
– National Association of Independent Colleges & Universities (NAICU)
– National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA)
– Tampa Bay Library Consortium (TBLC)
Every college and university has the right to decide what credits they will transfer in their programs. Trinity College uses the (SCNS) Numbering System. This numbering system is used by all public postsecondary institutions in Florida and by participating non-public institutions. The major purpose of this system is to facilitate the transfer of courses between participating institutions. Students and administrators can use the online SCNS to obtain course descriptions and specific information about course transfer between participating Florida institutions. This information is at the SCNS website at Florida Department of Education.
We’re Ready to Help.
Getting information and making your college decision can be difficult. We are happy to walk you through everything from enrollment to the financial aid process.