By College President, Dr. Mark O’Farrell
Every New Year brings new hopes, new challenges, new opportunities, new dreams, and new beginnings. It is a time to re-align and re-engage with new passion and energy. It is a time for a new song filled with new gratitude. It is time to have a ‘Fresh Start!’
From the end of 2019 through 2020, the theme of ‘Fresh Calling’ was stirring in my heart. The mission and vision of Trinity College of Florida were on target but a ‘Fresh Calling’ was required for that mission and vision. God was and is ‘calling’ His people to redouble their efforts for His Glory and His Honor in these latter days. This also applies to Biblical Higher Education.
Now, in 2021 we need this Fresh Start … A New Beginning!
I believe this is also for you. God has called you to a ‘Fresh Start’ in 2021. You may have been wrestling with challenges and difficulties that seem to have no resolution. You wonder: ‘What do I do?’ Allow me to suggest a few
thoughts for your consideration:
1. A Meeting is Required. A meeting with the Lord, a new and fresh meeting with it came to pass in the first month of the second year, on the first day of the month, that the tabernacle was raised up.” It is clear that God wants to start off first thing with man and woman … the first of the month … first of the year. You meet with Him in prayer and the reading of His Word. Begin with an audience of one: God! A New Engagement with Him! And come just as you are!!
2. Thinking is Requested. It is important to think and write down what facts, events, thoughts, issues, and concerns are coming to your awareness. Write those things down! As you are musing and meditating, the Holy Spirit will bring things to ‘light’ that require a “Fresh or New Start!’’
3. Arrangement is Imperative. There should be a ‘prioritization’ of what needs to be done first. There is a plethora of things to do and places to go, but it is important to establish FIRST what must be accomplished.
4. Action is Initiated. Begin to ‘do or act’ on the first important issue or situation. Work at it … Work through it … Pray in it … Trust Him to help you! The miraculous will happen. One Puritan writer stated that you will get a taste of ‘the desire of the King for you to start NEW in this area of challenge.’ “Your ears shall hear a word behind you,
saying ‘This is the way, walk in it …’” (Isaiah 30:21 NKJV). Some translations use the word ‘voice.’ Sidlow Baxter writes: “We human beings are incidents, not accidents. We are significant, not irrelevant. We are dear to our Maker, and He has a purpose for each of us; a purpose which not only spans our present, fleeting earth-life but reaches on beyond the grave to an intended destiny out-bounding all reckonings of time.”
1. God knows our nature as no one else does.
2. God knows the future as no one else does.
3. God has a purpose for us such as no one
Now, this is something to think about as you begin this New Year with a New Start! Happy New Year! Let the Glory of God be seen in YOU … in a New Start!