Also in this section:
- Advanced Theological Studies
- Bible and Theology
- Business and Leadership - Management Concentration
- Business and Leadership - Sports Management Concentration
- Church Ministries - Pastoral
- Church Ministries - Worship
- Church Ministries - Youth
- Counseling - Clinical Concentration
- Elementary Education
- General Studies
- Intercultural Studies
- AA Biblical Studies
- AA General Studies
- Certificate in Apologetics and Christian Evidences
- Certificate in Biblical Studies
- Certificate in Worship Studies*
Counseling - Family Systems Concentration
The Counseling major provides foundational preparation in counseling theory from both a professional and Biblical perspective along with professional preparation in counseling laboratory and internship experience. The major is designed for those who plan to provide counseling as part of their Christian ministry (e.g., pastors, youth ministers, missionaries, evangelists, etc.) and for those who want to prepare for graduate education in counseling.
The Family Systems concentration provides the training necessary to understand and intervene with family and marital problems in a variety of ministry and community settings. It will form the basis for careers in church and para-church ministries including counseling, youth, and education. It will also help qualify for careers in community settings; foster care case manager, Child Protective Investigator, and behavior coach.
Students successfully completing this program will demonstrate:
- A basic understanding of counseling theory including personality development, small group dynamic marriage and family theory, and the grief process, along with the relevant community resources.
- An approach to counseling that is based on both sound theology and counseling theory, and
- A professional level of interview, diagnostic, and treatment planning skills.
For more information on this program, visit the College’s Academic Catalog.