Also in this section:
The President's Circle
The Big Stone Must Go!
(download the President's Circle as a PDF here)
Women ask the right questions. Consider the following:
“Saturday evening when the Sabbath ended, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome went out and purchased burial spices so they could anoint Jesus’ body. Very early on Sunday morning, just at sunrise, they went to the tomb. On the way they were asking each other, ‘Who will roll away the stone for us from the entrance to the tomb?’ But as they arrived, they looked up and saw the stone, which was very large, had already been rolled aside.” Mark 16:1-4 NLT
Both the ESV and NKJV also state that the stone “was very large.” Some think it weighed several tons and had to be removed by pushing it up on its trajectory - the path it took when the tomb was sealed. Matthew states that “an angel of the Lord…rolled back the stone and sat on it…Come, see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples that He has risen from the dead.” (28:2-7) Both Luke and John record the fact that the “stone” had been taken away, moved back from the tomb.
Why is this so important? With the “large stone removed,” one could see, believe, and enter the tomb. Jesus was alive! He was not dead, but alive! The women certainly could not remove the large stone nor any other disciple arriving at the tomb. God removed it for all to see and believe!
So here is the point: Is there a “Big Stone” in your life that must be removed for you in order that you may see, know, feel, and rejoice that Jesus is Alive? What is blocking your sight? What is hindering your joy? What is damaging your hope and peace? What is “zapping” your strength, courage and faith? What “Big Stone” must be removed? It may be big and heavy…but it is not a problem for the Lord.
This “Big Stone” could be pride, fear, hurt, or need. It could be distrust, impatience, or a sense of inadequacy. It could be past events, failures, misunderstandings, or a feeling that nobody really cares for you. It could be family problems or relational difficulties. It could be the issue of neglect or rejection. Mark said the stone was very large, but God removed it, pushed it out of the way, so all could see that Jesus is Alive! What needs to be “rolled away” in your life so that you can be free spiritually? What “blockages” need to be moved so that the beauty of Jesus may be seen? This large stone is a “robber and blocker” of what is best for you! It may be heavy and big, but ask God to remove it. He can do it! It is the only way to be free and to see all that the Lord has for you. Seeing Jesus changes everything in your life … I mean everything!
Once the stone was removed, the angel of the Lord said: Come and See! What a wonderful invitation leading to discovery, joy, hope, and peace…Jesus is Alive! He did what He said He would do! All that He taught and said was true! What a Victory! What a Reality! What a Future! Come and See what is yours in Christ!
Do not miss out on the reality of the resurrection! Read these scriptures:
“…His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh, and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.” Romans 1:3-4 NKJV
“… to whom He also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God.” Acts 1:3 NKJV
“…let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole.” Acts 4:10 NKJV
Let the “Big Stone” be moved and see what Jesus has in store for you!
The Latest Happenings…
▪ Our 2014 Annual Banquet, The Power of the Truth, with Ravi Zacharias, has sold out! This May 9th event to be held at the Innisbrook Golf & Spa Resort in Palm Harbor will provide opportunities for fellowship, partnership in service for the College, and the opportunity to draw closer to the Lord. Many community leaders will be present along with invited pastors and church personnel. It is a supreme joy to give and a privilege to recognize those who have honored the Lord.
▪ The C. S. Lewis Society co-sponsored and participated in the Reasonable Faith in an Uncertain World Conference March 21 and 22 at Calvary Baptist Church in Clearwater, Florida. Presenters included best-selling author Lee Stroebel, gifted apologist Sean McDowell, Dr. Craig Hazen of Biola University, Dr. Aaron Walp, and our own scholar, Dr. Tom Woodward. It was an uplifting event, challenging the mind and the heart.
▪ The Spring Campus Preview will be April 11, 2014. Mr. Tim Bettelli, Director of Admissions and Marketing Coordinator, along with his staff and volunteers, are working to make this preview the best possible. Dr. Joe Allotta, graduate of the class of 2006, will be speaking in chapel. Recently, he was awarded his Doctor of Ministry from Liberty University. His passion for Trinity College of Florida is immense and “catching.” Activities, classroom experiences, chapel, a special “tent” lunch, and much more are planned for this occasion. It is a FREE event. Check out the schedule and register at by clicking here. Presently, 150 are planning to attend this event, including 75 prospective students and 75 other guests (parents, teachers, etc.). Changed lives change the world!
▪ Trinity College of Florida will be receiving a $500,000 gift toward our new student residence hall. In addition, another friend of the College is considering a contribution to this need for a “home away from home” for our students. More details will be forthcoming.
▪ The Honors Program of the College is directed by Dr. Eric Bargerhuff. This program will be enhancing our offerings in excellence within the world of Biblical higher education. The C. S. Lewis Society has been a strong contributor to launching this program for the College. Presently, $14,274 has been given toward this effort; $5,726 is still needed. We are walking by faith in the support of Dr. Bargerhuff and his labor. He also serves as an adjunct professor. If you would like to participate in this endeavor or have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your help would be deeply appreciated.
▪ Scholarship Chapel was March 14, 2014. Students were awarded a total of $18,320 through 26 scholarships.
▪ The Life Change Scholarship will be the featured scholarship presented to the attendees of the Banquet. It is an unendowed scholarship established to assist the students in achieving their goal of financing their Biblical education. Once the students have completed their due diligence in securing a Pell Grant or Stafford Loan along with Bright Futures or other financial measures for the semester, a committee meets to determine their outstanding need. Last year over $130,000 was raised. Many students were assisted and encouraged greatly in the Lord. This is a great legacy of investment!
▪ Trinity’s Athletic Banquet was held on campus Tuesday, April 1, 2014 with 65 in attendance. Volleyball awards went to Rylee Finger for Most Improved Player, Sara Preslicka for Most Valuable Player, and Chelsea Seip for Trinity Excellence (GPA 3.0+). Basketball awards went to Korenzo Smith for Most Improved Player, Kevin Brown for Most Valuable Player, and James Appelt for Trinity Excellence (GPA 3.0+). Vice President for Student Development Al Depoutot was the speaker for the evening.
▪ A total of 50 students and 9 staff & staff spouses attended the March 29 Busch Gardens trip sponsored by the Student Government Association.
▪ The Revenue Generating Committee continues to meet under the leadership of Dr. Thomas Wade, member of the Board of Trustees. This committee is looking for ways to help the College during the summer.
Urgent Prayer Requests …
▪ The College administration, along with the Board of Trustees, is seeking ways to streamline our expenditures and other activities. Please pray for the right path to embrace in this endeavor.
▪ Pray for the final funding of our new student residence hall. God is working!
▪ Pray for the delivery of educational offerings by the College. Issues to address include Affordability, Likeability, Usability, and Sustainability.
▪ Pray for the 2014 Annual Banquet with Ravi Zacharias. Because of his well-known presence in the Christian community, Trinity College has been introduced over the last several months to many new friends, churches and organizations. This has led to new inquiries about the College and new contacts, not to mention new table sponsors. Pray that the Lord will be honored as they hear Dr. Zacharias speak and that Jesus receives all the glory!
▪ Pray for the gift income need of $150,000 for this new semester.
▪ There have been onsite visits by local and national television affiliates regarding the beginning days of Billy Graham. Filming has been done featuring the students and the College. National CBS crews came from Georgia, Texas and Florida to film their documentary. Pray that the Lord will use this to glorify Himself. The stories of how He led Billy Graham and Ravi Zacharias to Christ are much alike!
▪ Pray for our 52 graduates this year as they finish their education and embark on their service for the Lord.
Thank you for your interest, prayers and support! It is making a difference!
With a grateful heart,