Also in this section:
The President's Circle
“Words You DO NOT Want to Hear”
(download the President's Circle as a PDF here)
Over the years, the following ‘words’ have been said to me:
- We have come to turn off the power/gas; your bill is overdue!
- Your transmission is shot, you need a new one!
- Your credit card does not work here!
- There is no room at this hotel for you!
- We do not have your reservations!
- There is no more gas…we are out!
- Sorry, we are sold out!
- The amount of the bill is _________(All types of monetary figures I was not expecting)
- I don’t like your looks! You need to dress this way!
Also, throughout the years, colorful metaphors were used in my presence that I did not want to hear. People have colorfully and angrily expressed their dissatisfaction in me. People have said things about me that were not true. Certainly I have flaws, do not make the standard, or fall short, but to be “roasted” - that is another story.
The list goes on and on … words that I did not want to hear.
However, there are some words that you and I never want to hear … PERIOD! These words were translated into English for our understanding. The “words” were spoken by Jesus when some of the Sadducees, who did not believe in the resurrection, posed a question to Him based on Deuteronomy 25:5:
“If a man dies, having no children, his brother as next of kin shall marry his wife, and raise up an offspring for his brother.”
The question is: “Now there were seven brothers with us; and the first married and died, and having no offspring left his wife to his brother; so also the second, and the third, down to the seventh. Last of all, the woman died. In the resurrection, therefore, whose wife of the seven will she be? For they all had married her.” Matthew 22:25-28 NASB
Luke 20 and Mark 12 also recorded this event. In Mark 12:27 NASB the “words” that you do not want to hear are:
“…you are greatly mistaken.”
These are the Words of Jesus! The Sadducees had it wrong! They did not have the understanding of life after death and what reality would be experienced! They thought they did, but they were wrong! Jesus said: “You are greatly mistaken.” Mark stresses the importance that this error is great!
Here is my point: What a tragedy that in this life a person has it wrong! Wrong about reality … Wrong about the future … Wrong about human nature … Wrong about creation … Wrong about sin and forgiveness! Many, many think they have it right, but they are wrong! Look at the world religions, the philosophies, the atheists, and other life and belief systems … they all think they have it right! Some say: “Believe it all and you will not miss!” What a tragedy!
You might be saying: “How can I know that I am not wrong in my thinking and belief system?” It is very simple to be sure:
- Follow the Teachings of Jesus
- Know the Words of Jesus
- Observe the Actions of Jesus
- Trust the Motives of Jesus
- Heed the Warnings of Jesus
- Embrace the Promises of Jesus.
- Surrender to the Love of Jesus … and you will WIN!
Space and time do not permit me to expound on the above, but meditate and take it in! You will be right if you line up with Jesus. What He says is reality! What He wants is the best! What He proclaims is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth! He is the Truth, the Way, and the Life! No one comes to the Father, but by Him! What Jesus has to give, no one can give or even come close! Come to Jesus by faith. He hears, heals, and helps! That is the solution to all solutions - and you will never hear those words he spoke to the Sadducees. You can count on it!
The Latest Happenings…
▪ The President’s Council met Friday, October 9, 2015 during the Fall Break. This advisory group of business leaders, professionals, clergy, communication specialists, building and governmental managers, attorneys, educational leaders, and others give of their time and expertise. They provide insight into the affairs and mission of the College for the Board of Trustees.
▪ The Fall edition of The Connection magazine will soon be distributed. Be on the lookout for your copy!
▪ Board of Trustees: The Board of Trustees met Friday, October 30, 2015.
▪ At the time of this writing, 92 prospective students have registered for the Campus Preview scheduled Friday, November 6, 2015. This free one-day event allows a student to engage in academic, spiritual, and student life at Trinity College of Florida. Attending classes and chapel and interacting with professors and students in addition to a financial aid workshop assists the young person in his or her journey of pursuing a Christian education. Whatever discipline is chosen, solid Biblical beliefs, values and character development are foundational. Professors are available to personally address any prospective student’s inquiries regarding courses and study. Athletic recruiting opportunities are on the agenda. A hot breakfast, Chick-Fil-A lunch, an ice cream social along with a tour of the Campus are included in the activities. For registration to Campus Preview, click here or call 727-376-6911, Extension 302.
Events at Trinity…
▪ A Night of Food & Fellowship, 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m., underwritten by Havana Dreamers Café
Urgent Prayer Requests...
▪ New Student Residence Hall. Pray for donors who will participate in order to provide the needed financing to complete the project.
▪ Admissions. Pray for the traditional and degree completion programs as they recruit for the Spring. We are trusting the Lord for “extra” blessings of additional students who are sensing the Lord’s leadership in the “Trinity College of Florida connection” and desire to transfer or begin their educational pursuit. Strong practical Christian development awaits them.
▪ Campus Preview. Please pray for prospective students.
▪ Faculty and Staff: Pray that they will be refreshed, encouraged, and empowered as they engage, teach, and serve the students. To pray for them individually, click here for a listing.
▪ Online Development: Pray for the implementation and use of this platform for the delivery of courses.
▪ Physical Needs of the College. Pray for those who are giving leadership to projects that are needed by the College. Remodeling of the entrance to the Administration Building is on the agenda. Ed Allen, Ph.D., Assistant to the President for Grant Writing, and Dr. Charlie Martin, Vice President for Advancement, along with others are working in this area.
John Wesley said, “Our responsibility is to give the world the right impression of God.” Now that is a high calling! At Trinity College of Florida, we want to give the “right impression” of Almighty God. Thank you for traveling with us and assisting us on this journey.
With deep appreciation for your partnership,