Also in this section:
The President's Circle
“Come Home to Me”
(download the President's Circle as a PDF here)
Christians need to come ‘Home’! They need to come home in order to serve Jesus! Many today are serving the Lord with all their efforts. They are out front. They are leading the charge. They care about what is happening inside and outside the church. They want to make a difference. They are on the mission field … but they need to come home!
You may ask: Why is he writing what He is writing? How can he say that the servants of the Lord, who are serving sacrificially and consistently, need to come home … from their ministries, demands, and obligations? How can he say they need to come home?
By coming home, I mean in a spiritual sense. Read the words of Jeremiah the prophet:
“O Israel, my faithless people, come home to me again, for I am merciful. I will not be angry with you, forever … Confess that you refused to listen to my voice. I the Lord have spoken! Return home, you wayward children, says the Lord, for I am your master … And I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will guide you with knowledge and understanding … I looked forward to your calling me ‘Father’ and I wanted you never to turn from me … ‘My wayward children,’ says the Lord, ‘come back to me, and I will heal your wayward hearts.’” Jeremiah 3:12, 14, 19, 22 NLT
It is incredibly important today for His people to come back to Him, to stop their busyness and intense schedules, and come home! Home is a place of rest, refreshment, and reflection. At the College, I am telling the students that we want Trinity College of Florida to be “home away from home.” We want the Trinity Experience to be “Home away from Home.” Home is a place “to be yourself” and be at peace … and to Discover, Discern, Discuss, and make Decisions.
There are many believers who are filled with tension, missed opportunities, unresolved problems, broken relationships, unconfessed sin, and misguided decisions. There are many of His people who are laboring and working hard and furiously to offset those experiences, but find no relief! One simply needs to Come Home to Me. Jeremiah 3:12 NLT
Why is this so important? There are three gigantic reasons!
- ‘I am merciful.’ (Jeremiah 3:12 NLT) Mercy involves mitigating punishment, compassion, kindly forbearance, benevolence, kindness, and favor. It is the act of not dispensing what one deserves. Listen reader, God is Merciful! Come Home to Him!
- ‘I will heal your wayward hearts.’ (Jeremiah 3:22 NLT) God will be healing to your situation … healing in relationships, in the mind, in the emotions, and in the spiritual realm. The hurts will be HEALED! Come Home to Him! Come Home for healing - healing on the ‘inside’ and ‘outside’!
- ‘I will give you shepherds after my own heart who will guide you with knowledge and understanding.’ (Jeremiah 3:15 NLT) If ever there was a need for this, it is now! Scan the landscape of our nation and the world. Leaders - real leaders - are needed who know God and can provide the guidance we all need with knowledge and understanding! What a blessing awaits you … Simply Come Home to Him! He will provide someone for you who will counsel, guide, teach, and train. He will give you a mentor, someone you can engage formally or informally. He will give you someone who really cares about you!
These three reasons involve who He is and what He will do! Simply Amazing! It is high time for all His people to embrace God’s deep desire:
“I looked forward to your calling me Father.” Jeremiah 3:19 NLT
The Latest Happenings…
▪ The 2016 Annual Banquet, For His Kingdom, was held last month with over 350 in attendance. Southern Raised ministered in music and Rev. Ron Walters, Senior Vice President of Ministry Relations for Salem Media, brought a short message illustrating the power of the Word God and one’s walk with Him. The Life Change Scholarship stands at $137,000 in cash and pledges with $30,000 in sponsorships. Thank you all for the sacrifice in supplying funding for Trinity College of Florida students who are seeking to know Him and make Him known. It was a great evening of celebration, reflection, and challenge.
▪ Congratulations go to the following award recipients:
2016 Prokopé: Mr. Charles “Buddy” Paynter, Director of Technology
2016 Wade Distinguished Service: Mrs. Krista Mallo, Director of the Student Learning Center
▪ The 2016 Commencement Service was held at Generations Christian Church with forty-nine students completing their courses of study. Rev. Ron Walters brought a powerful message on ‘Do Not Be Afraid’ with illustrations of students in church history who are making huge impacts for Christ after graduating from their respective schools.
▪ Welbilt Boulevard, the road in front of the College, has been repaved. The Pasco County Project Manager said the new road topping is two inches of asphalt mixed with concrete. This mixture is designed for heavy traffic flow for the future. A 360-acre development of commercial offerings that include retail stores, restaurants, fast food establishments, theaters, an assisted living facility, residential housing, and much more is well underway with permitting and plans in motion.
▪ The plans for the New Student Residence Hall are undergoing another review by the county. This facility will bring all residential students on campus and provide an atmosphere of “home away from home.” Studies have shown that retention, academic achievement, and social engagement improve when students can live and study together. The corporate spiritual growth at Trinity College of Florida will be enhanced.
▪ The College was awarded $15,000 from the Chatlos Foundation for the remodeling of the lobby area of the W.T. Watson Administrative Building. An additional $5,000 is needed to complete the project to the administrative offices on the second floor. This project will greatly enhance our “first impression” as visitors and prospective students enter the building.
▪ Many students are traveling and serving the Lord overseas this summer. Dr. Joe Allotta and six students, Rylee Finger, Jena Fraser, Chris Aristide, Maria Diodonet, Kris Van Daniker, and Steven Cardenas, were in Mexico doing construction while presenting and living out the Good News of Jesus Christ.
▪ Dr. and Mrs. Tom Woodward ministered 15 days in Norway and Denmark. Dr. Woodward gave a 4-hour training workshop to nine Christian high school teachers. They have a network of 35 private Christian schools in all parts of Denmark. His talks in Copenhagen were publicized in the largest Danish paper. It has been a very fruitful opportunity to present information on Intelligent Design and to represent Trinity College of Florida.
▪ Congratulations to Dr. Ed Hindson who was named Dean of the School of Religion at Liberty University. He has a sterling reputation as one of seven distinguished professors at Liberty and is much in demand as an author, TV personality, and speaker in America’s leading churches. He replaces Dr. Elmer Towns as the Dean. He holds three doctorates and is a graduate of Trinity College of Florida, Class of 1971.
▪ The President participated in the Presidential Inauguration ceremony and reception for Timothy L. Beard, Ph.D., President of Pasco Hernando State College, on May 6, 2016.
Urgent Prayer Requests…
▪ Pray for the fall Admissions goals of 75 new students for the traditional program and 25 new students for the degree completion program. Pray for Mrs. Rachel Noble and her staff along with Dr. John Zuch and his team. Summer months are extremely important for recruiting.
▪ Pray for the finalization of the plans for the Student Residence Hall that have been submitted to the county for approval.
▪ Pray for gift income through the summer. These monies are used for salaries and operational needs.
▪ Pray for a Spiritual Refreshing from the Lord for all Faculty and Staff.
▪ Pray for the preparation that is necessary for a new semester.
▪ Pray for the remaining $5,000 needed to complete the remodeling project of the lobby.
▪ Pray for students who are making decisions for their educational pursuit with Trinity College of Florida as one of their choices.
“…We have placed our confidence in Him, and He will continue to rescue us. And you are helping us by praying for us. Then many people will give thanks because God has graciously answered…”
2 Corinthians 1:11 NLT
Very grateful for your support,,