Also in this section:
The President's Circle
“A Helper … To Be With You Forever”
(download the President's Circle as a PDF here)
When was the last time you asked for help? Help to move something … help to work something out … help to supply needed resources … help to think a problem through … help to deal with conflict or trouble … and the list goes on! Think on these stunning words from the Master:
“And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him…” John 14:16-17 ESV
What a Promise … another Helper forever! What a Partnership!
It is no wonder that this “Helper,” the Holy Spirit, is so misunderstood in the church and in the life of the believer. Keeping God’s people confused about His ministry is a featured strategy of the enemy. Thus He is misunderstood, abused, and deeply grieved. The enemy knows that the “Helper” brings POWER to the saint. He brings FREEDOM to the believer. He brings JOY, PEACE, and HOPE to the child of God! Think of it: A HELPER TO BE WITH YOU FOREVER! It is not just for a day, a month, a year, a decade, a century, or a millennium. It is forever! And the help starts NOW - help for Character building, help for Task assignments, help for Conflict resolutions, help for Problem solving and, most importantly, help to sense and know the reality of Jesus Christ our Lord. Listen to the Words of our Savior:
“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.” John 14:26 ESV
“But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.” John 15:26 ESV
“When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you.” John 16:13-14 ESV
One can see clearly from these Scriptures that the Holy Spirit’s ministry is to bring the words and deeds of Jesus into reality for the believer. He demonstrates the “realness of Jesus!” All that Jesus is and says is reality! He is reality - the Way, the Truth, and the Life!
The Sufficiency of Jesus is shown by His ministry. Satisfaction and security in Jesus become paramount in the life of the follower of Christ through His involvement. He is the Great Counselor! He is the Great Comforter! He is the “Clearer” of confusion in this world. He is indispensable for Christ-honoring ministries. He is the Great Energizer for every believer!
Be Assured: You are not alone dealing with that heartache, problem, challenge, or difficulty. As a believer, you have the Holy Spirit as your “helper forever!” What a Companion and confidant to depend upon! He is the Spirit of Grace, Life, Wisdom, Knowledge, Promise, AND Glory! He is the Spirit of God!
Time and space do not permit further investigation that leads to deeper appreciation about His person and ministry. Refresh your mind and heart about His Ministry today. You will find that He is gentle, revealing, and very powerful in demonstrating the magnificence of Christ! What a Helper we have NOW!!
Here’s What’s Happening…
▪ Dr. Stu Parsons, Director of the Church Ministries program, wrote an article entitled, “Very Early Trinitarian Expressions.” It was published in a recent issue of Tyndale House at Cambridge’s Tyndale Bulletin. It is a scholarly presentation of the development in the understanding of the Trinity within the early church’s growth after the book of Acts timeframe. Congratulations!
▪ During the summer, the staff continued the Thursday prayer times before lunch. Also, two “pot luck” luncheons were held for personnel on campus along with a watermelon “social” one Friday afternoon. A special thank you to Mrs. Kathy Rudiman, Business and Finance Administrative Assistant, and Mrs. Christene Nauman, Assistant Registrar and Coordinator of Institutional Effectiveness, for arranging these events.
▪ New Personnel:
▪ Mr. Boe Cambron joined Trinity on June 1 as Director of Facilities. Boe is the brother-in-law of Dr. Shannon Hogan, Director of the Business and Leadership program. The College is blessed by his presence and expertise in this very vital position.
▪ Mrs. Shannon Ranes was welcomed to the Trinity staff as Registrar on June 23. Shannon is a graduate of both Trinity College of Florida and Moody Bible Institute. She and her husband, Zak, have one daughter, Brooke.
▪ Mrs. Lisa Shippy-Gonzalez, owner of Havana Dreamers Café, will be providing Trinity’s food service this coming semester. Ms. Megan Belligiere, Assistant Manager for Lisa, will be managing the service on campus, providing breakfast, lunch and dinner five days a week.
▪ Dr. Ronald C. Kroll, Director of the Commission on Accreditation, Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE), will be speaking at the 2014 Faculty and Staff Retreat on Wednesday, August 6, 2014. Dr. Kroll has been a college faculty member and department chair, student services administrator, chief academic officer, accreditation board member and commissioner, and administrator as one of the pioneers of field-based doctoral education. The President will share thoughts on “Change” along with honoring staff and faculty for years of service.
▪ Blessings: Mr. Buddy Paynter, our IT Specialist, was able to secure from the government laptop and desktop computers and a server. In addition, pledges for building, scholarships, and operations have been received. God is good!
▪ Convocation will be held Friday, August 22, 2014. This event will set the theme for the 2014-2015 college year.
▪ A Challenge Pledge of another $150,000 has been made toward building the needed student housing if $750,000 is raised. The challenge has been extended until August 31, 2014.
▪ The residence hall opens on August 16 and new student orientation will begin that weekend.
▪ A Faculty Development Training Day will be held Wednesday, August 13, 2014 on the Trinity campus. It will deal with updates on ABHE Solutions and MyTitus software as well as transformational teaching and learning along with the concept of the “Flipped” Classroom.
▪ The C. S. Lewis Honors Seminar, “Knowing God in a Skeptical Age,” was held on campus July 21-25. The presenters were our own Dr. Tom Woodward, Research Professor/Director of the Bible and Theology Program, and Dr. Eric Bargerhuff, Director of the Honors Program.
▪ A Classic Car Show was held on campus, sponsored by Grace Point Church of Trinity and its pastor, Dr. Eric Bargerhuff, Director of Trinity’s Honors Program.
Urgent Prayer Requests …
▪ Pray for the remainder of the funding necessary for the new student residence hall. $500,000 was received this summer. Last semester, four apartments off-campus had to be rented with multiple bedrooms.
▪ Pray for spiritual refreshments for Faculty and Staff as they begin a new semester.
▪ Pray for the finalization of students who are making decisions to attend Trinity College of Florida.
▪ Pray for utilization of present funding for optimal use and for donor commitments.
▪ Pray for online course preparation and implementation.
▪ Pray for returning students and retention efforts.
A parting thought from Dr. Sidlow Baxter:
“I will give thee rest.” The “rest” grows out of the “presence”. The steadying consciousness of God’s presence and favor gives to the heart a rest which nothing else can ever give. It gives rest from doubts, for when God is real, doubt dies. It gives rest from fear, for if God be for us who can be against us? It gives rest from anxiety, for if God walks with us nothing can really harm us. It gives rest from misgiving about the future, for all things must work together for our good.”
Serving with you,