Also in this section:
The President's Circle
Where is the Best Place to Live?
(download the President's Circle as a PDF here)
I can assure you that I am not working for the Chamber of Commerce. However, I am quite confident this title question has crossed your mind. Where is the Best Place to live? Commercials on television promote that the Carolinas are the best place to live … “God’s Country.” Other announcements promote the Caribbean or Hawaii. Some talk about Alaska or places in Europe. This does not even take into account the states of our union, cities, local communities, and areas within a city. In Florida, I have talked to people who have told me that they must be on the Atlantic side of the state. Others say that it is the Gulf side of the state. Well, where is the Best Place to live?
I have the answer! And I am very “bullish” about this location! The Best Place to Live is:
In the Will of God with the Word of God for the Glory of God!
Cannot see it? Now I have your attention! Yes, it is in the Will of God with the Word of God for the Glory of God! There is no place like this! Recently, I was preaching on the four realities of life, and I made this statement:
“I would rather be in a storm of life within the Will of God than to be in the calm outside the Will of God.”
As Warren Wiersbe has pointed out, there are storms of correction (like those experienced by the prophet Jonah in Jonah 1-4) and there are the storms of perfection (like those the disciples experienced when Jesus told them to get into the boat and go to the other side of Galilee – see Matthew 14 and Matthew 8).
You might ask this question as Francis Schaffer and Chuck Colson have explored: How then shall we live? I propose two principles that will assist in discovering and remaining in the best place to live along with performing the best activities in that location. Mark them down mentally or even via pen. They are highly significant to your attitude and actions as you deal with the realities and demands of life.
Principle 1: Feed on the Promises of God and not the human explanations of those truths. Take God simply at His Word. He said it and you should believe it whether or not you feel it is working for you. Do not live on the human interpretation. Unfortunately, man may get it wrong or spin it his direction. When it does not work, people become discouraged and drift. Sometimes the application is correction, sometimes it is not. Simply, feed on the Promise itself. It is Divine and it will work inside your mind and soul. Eventually, you will experience the reality of that promise. At times the fulfillment is immediate; sometimes it is time-released. Simply enjoy God’s unfailing and ever faithful promise. There are thousands in His Word!
Principle 2: Live in the light you have been given! Do not live in and on what you do not know or do not understand. Live in what you do know and understand. Do not become paralyzed by the unknown. Launch out on what you know is true and right. Leave the rest to God! I am confident that He can handle it! There are “pieces of the puzzle of your life” that you do not possess. Some are missing and may stay missing. Simply live on what you know - God will give you other “pieces” when it is time. Concentrate on what you understand to be the reality and move forward. Do not get “locked down” in and on the “chaos of the unknown.” Move forward … Live and Enjoy God!
Are you ready to move to the Best Place to Live? Let’s go, and if you are already there, let’s enjoy the location together!
The Latest Happenings…
▪ The 2015 Scholarship Chapel was held March 13, 2015. Thirty-one scholarships were presented to students meeting academic qualifications. Scholarships were also awarded in specific areas of ministry a student may be pursuing. Guests, trustees, and our Chancellor were present.
▪ College Preview will be Friday, April 17, 2015. This is an opportunity for prospective students to attend classes and chapel, enjoy lunch with the student population, and experience the entire Trinity College of Florida environment. Forty-two students and twenty-four parents have already signed up. Youth sponsors, pastors, parents, guardians, and other leaders are encouraged to attend. There is no cost for this event. Sign up to attend by clicking here.
▪ William Franklin Graham, IV, grandson of our own Dr. Billy Graham (Class of 1940) and the son of Dr. Franklin Graham, will be with the Trinity College of Florida family for the 2015 Annual Banquet, Friday, May 8, 2015 and Commencement, Saturday, May 9, 2015. He serves as the Executive Director of the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove in Asheville, North Carolina. He has held conferences and one-day youth events in Canada. He has also ministered overseas in Australia, India, parts of Asia, South America and all around the United States.
▪ Our 2015 Annual Banquet entitled, Until He Comes, will be at Innisbrook Golf and Spa Resort in Palm Harbor, Florida, Friday, May 8, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. Guests, community leaders, students, alumni, faculty, staff, and friends of the College will be present. Awards will be presented along with providing the opportunity to contribute to the Life Change Scholarship. This scholarship provides funds for students pursuing their Biblical-based education at Trinity. Once they have completed their “due diligence” in securing resources for their educational expenses and a need is still present, this scholarship is available. Over the years, scores of young people have been assisted. This can be your opportunity to invest in young women and men who are interested in serving our Lord in any way He chooses. You build a legacy in these lives which only eternity will demonstrate the magnitude of your investment. Sign up to attend this special event by clicking here.
▪ The 2015 Commencement Service will be held at the First Baptist Church of New Port Richey on Saturday, May 9, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. Will Graham will be the speaker, challenging our graduating seniors in serving the Lord in the 21st century. The public is invited to attend.
▪ The President’s Council will meet April 10, 2015. This is an advisory group of professionals, clergy, and business leaders that provide counsel, insight, and suggestions to Administration.
▪ Thirty students along with Dr. Tom Woodward, Research Professor, and Dr. Eric Bargerhuff, Director of the Honors Program, will be traveling to England for study in London, Oxford, and Cambridge.
▪ The Sports Banquet was held on March 24, 2015 with approximately 90 in attendance. Awards were presented by our coaches.
▪ Students had the opportunity to hear and meet author and conference speaker Jerry Bridges. He has written a number of books. The best known is The Pursuit of Holiness which has sold 1.4 million copies.
Prayer Requests …
▪ Final funding for the new Student Residence Hall in order for construction to commence.
▪ Fall recruitment of new students for the traditional and degree completion programs.
▪ Gift income for the Life Change Scholarship to be received at the Annual Banquet.
▪ Honors Program development by Dr. Eric Bargerhuff.
May God’s Best Always Be Yours,